The Hardy Boys Drinking Game
by Brian Sebby, firstname.lastname@example.org
additional contributions by
This is like all the other drinking games on the net, except that you drink while
reading, instead of watching the TV. This file was inspired by discussions between me and
my roommates about random weird things we remembered from the Hardy Boys. Other people
have given me ideas for this list. If I did not come up with one of the lines, I have
attributed it to the person who thought of it.
I don't know if any of this is applicable to Nancy Drew, but you can try! :)
And so it begins...
- Drink every time their father is offered a case, and he lets Frank and Joe investigate it.
- Drink every time the Hardy Boys suddenly decide to fly somewhere, and don't seem to need
- Drink every time someone says something to the effect of "Oh, you're Fenton's
boys!" and gives them access they couldn't get access to otherwise.
- Drink every time something way to convenient occurs to help them investigate the case.
(e.g. They're investigating a fire department, and there's a fire engine factory just
outside of town.)
- Drink every time Frank and Joe get access to new or experimental technology.
- Drink every time one of the Hardy Boy's friends gets kidnapped. Drink twice if it's Chet
- Drink every time money is mentioned or used, and it isn't directly related to the main
plot of the story. (Sorry, this'll never happen.)
- Drink every time something completely impossible happens. (e.g. Frank and Joe pilot the
- Drink every time a ghost or supernatural force is revealed to be a criminal plot.
- Drink every time the bad guys do something completely stupid.
- Drink every time Frank and Joe go to school. (Again, it'll never happen.)
- Drink every time Frank and Joe find a secret passage.
- Drink every time the Hardys meet Nancy Drew.
- Drink every time Frank finds Joe unconscious, and vice-versa.
- Drink every time Joe gets in a fight.
- Drink every time the Hardys receive a clue in the form of a puzzle. Drink twice if it's
the chapter's cliffhanger.
- Drink every time someone mentioned that they had worked with their father when he was on
the New York Police Force.
- Drink every time one of the Hardy boys acts like Mr. Spock by knowing obscure or helpful
knowledge that JUST HAPPENS to relate to the story at hand (e.g. they go to Germany, and
speak perfect German). Drink twice if it's Frank.
- Drink every time someone is hypnotized or brainwashed.
- Drink every time the Hardy Boys leave the continent (16 and 17, mind you) without any
form of a legal or appointed guardian. -Dan Brown, email@example.com
- Drink every time the Hardy Boys violate curfew (In most states, 12:00 midnight). -Dan
- Drink every time Frank and Joe run into some Law enforcement agent that doesn't care who
their father is, and ends up apologizing at the end of the case. Drink twice if it is a
sheriff. -Dan Brown, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Drink every time the boys are offered a gun and reject it, insist they're against
violence, and then go in and kick the bad guys in the head. -
- Drink every time Frank uses karate. Drink every time Joe punches someone and the
punch is given an elaborate descriptive name. - email@example.com
- Drink every time a Hardy enters a darkened hotel room alone and is knocked over the back
of the head by a terrorist. - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Drink every time Joe falls madly in love with a gorgeous, petite young maiden. - email@example.com
- Drink twice if she's the daughter of a missing scientist. - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Drink three times if she turns out to be evil. - email@example.com
- Drink every time chet wanders in at mealtime. - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Drink every time aunt gertrude makes a cake or pie. - email@example.com
- Drink every time there is lemonade and chocolate cake on a picnic (nice combination). - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Drink every time callie and iola get ditched by the boys. twice if one of the boys
gets kidnapped. - email@example.com
- Drink every time frank and joe's case turns out to be related to fenton's case! (every
book). - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Drink every time chet steps on a twig or sneezes and spoils everything. - email@example.com
- Drink every time someone refers to detective work as "sleuthing." - firstname.lastname@example.org
- And finally... drink everytime the bad guys attack with chloroform instead of guns.
The Drinking Games
| The Development Site